Monday, March 29, 2010

Just. Not. Right.

Normally, I whole-heartedly love, support and endorse the things I read on my favorite blog of ALL TIME, thepioneerwoman.com. Well...with the exception of her calf testicle fascination, of course. But, when I visited today, I saw something so horrifying, so completely inappropriate, so totally unnecessary, something so flagrantly in violation of food mixing rules that I was catatonic for a full 5 seconds. I am left to assume that someone, some strange, anti-social, food-rule-breaking person has hijacked her site and posted this atrocity.

Noodles...with peaches? And brown sugar?? Served with brisket???

I'm convinced this must be a sign of the apocalypse or some evil terrorist plot.

However, since I know P-Dub loves me...she told me so on twitter...and would never want to harm me or anyone else (with the exception of her brother-in-law "Pesky Tim" on an especially pesky day), and since I cannot possibly blame her for the actions of said anti-social, food-rule-breaking people...especially if they are terrorists...I will take a deep breath, journal my feelings about this unfortunate incident, pray that my lunch stays down and move on with my life.

Thank you for your time.

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious. I have to tell you I am in complete agreement with you here. There is something just not right about the recipe! But, out of fear of being lambasted for saying so... I kept my mouth shut! :)

    ReplyDelete