Monday, March 22, 2010

I like frozen diet meals...

I like frozen diet meals...

- not because they taste good. (they generally don't)

- not because they are cheap.

- not because they are quick, easy and convenient.

- not because the meat is typically real-tasting and non-scary. (it generally isn't)

- not because they fill me up.

- not because they resemble anything I'd eat on purpose.

I like frozen meals... because despite the fact that they are generally flavorless and unsatisfying to anyone who has ever had real food, ever in their life, they show me that I can survive on much less food than I thought, I can survive on food that isn't even good, and that every meal doesn't need to be a delectable feast. Food just needs to sustain me and nourish me. While I'm a bit uncertain as to whether or not frozen diet meals actually nourish me, they do keep me from being hungry and having all sorts of cravings all day...and that's a good thing.

I like frozen diet meals because they help me keep food in the "fuel" category and out of the "source of all comfort & joy" category. Cuz, honestly, if I'm seeking comfort and joy in a cup of bland pasta with dehydrated vegetables and slivers of questionable meat...there's something really wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment