Tuesday, March 23, 2010

DWTS: How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

1. Tom Bergeron. He's corny sometimes, but so quick-witted and way more likable than most TV hosts (cough *Seacrest* cough). However, no one can hold a candle to Cat Deely.

2. Those nice surprise moments when a person who has a reputation for being shallow and awful turns out to be really sweet and likable. Kelly Osborne? Who was prepared to just adore her? And, last night, Shannen "I will cut you" Doherty? Really? She had me in tears.

3. Louis Van Amstel. I just want to hug him.

4. They let "thick" women on the show and take them seriously.

5. Mark Ballas. He's just a sweetheart and is always willing to dance with a "thick" girl.

6. Though I typically hate the judging portions, I love the moment right before the judges give their feedback, when the dancers walk over and stand there for a moment and you can see the vulnerability on their faces. Like, last night when Neicey Nash was just overcome. She makes a living with her quick wit and she had no words. It was raw and real and I love that!

7. There are no horrifyingly painful auditions to watch. Really, this should be #1, because I can't tell you how much I hate watching auditions. It is one of the main reasons I don't watch American Idol. Humiliating people on purpose for the sake of "entertainment"? No thanks!


So, now that I've gotten all this off my chest...am I going to continue to watch the show? In all honesty, I don't know. The only reason I tuned in was out of morbid curiosity and to see Kate Gosslien fail. (I'm sorry. I'm a horrible person. I know) Now that I've done that and repented...I don't really see a point...unless I have a relapse of morbid curiosity and Kate-hating.

No comments:

Post a Comment