Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Sighing...a short one

Lord, all that I long for is known to you,
my sighing is no secret from you...
I put my trust in you, Yahweh,
and leave you to answer for me, Lord my God. --(Ps 38:9, 15)
This was in a devotion I read yesterday and I just really like it. “my sighing is no secret from you…” I don’t know if you sigh as much as I do, but as someone who is prone to sigh…that means a lot to me! God hears my sigh. It doesn’t fall on deaf or uncaring ears. It goes directly to the one who knows both the reason for the sigh AND what the best response should be. So it would be stupid to do anything else but leave Him to answer for me, right?

Which reminds me of something Amy Carmichael’s mother wrote to her, which I quoted in a previous post…

“He who hath led will lead
All through the wilderness
He who hath fed will surely feed
He who hath heard thy cry
Will never close his ear
He who hath marked thy faintest sigh
Will not forget thy tear
He loveth always, faileth never
So rest on Him today – forever.”

No comments:

Post a Comment