Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Week of Visits: Tuesday

I love baking. I just do. For me, it is right up there with laughing and singing and picture taking and really awesome dreams with musical numbers or I have the ability to fly.

On Tuesday, I invited myself over to my friend Lisa's house to bake homemade cinnamon rolls. Originally, we were going to make this recipe, but...well, it takes a long time and we were meeting in the evening, so...I looked up another, quicker, recipe online. I won't link to it because it wasn't good. In fact, I think the person who posted that recipe never had a cinnamon roll in their lives. They were probably raised by wild animals, or at the very least...Yankees.

Anyhoo...

The plan was to photo document our baking experience and then I would blog about it in all its fabulous and delicious glory. We decided to each take a turn at making a batch, that way we would have some to take home and share with others.

Since my friend Lisa was hosting us, she went first. Things started off well, but...




















they soon took a turn for the messy.














Yeah...um...Lisa's kind of fell apart. We tried to bake it anyway thinking it would come out like a big cinnamon bread or something, but we thought wrong. Instead, it started dripping off the sides of the pan and made a big mess in her stove.

(Sorry, Lisa!)

Her sister-in-law, Steph, was next.

We tried to learn from what may have been mistakes in the first batch.














And her's came out a bit better than Lisa's.














Next was my turn. Mine didn't come out much better than Steph's. None of them had the right texture to them. They sorta seemed like soft, round, scones. But we sure did have a great time. My only regret is that Lisa had to spend 2/3rds of our time washing dishes.





















And, it was her birthday and everything!










I think we learned some valuable lessons that night, though. First...cinnamon rolls that won't roll don't make good bread. Second, sometimes, baking is fun regardless of the results. And, finally, flops help maintain our girlish figures. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment