Thursday, June 5, 2008

Ok, so...not really.

Don't let the blog title fool you....I'm not really mad. I mean, I'm not mad in a "I want to pour a pot of hot grits on you" kind of way. My madness is more silly, like the Mad Hatter...and not at all athletic like March Madness...or psychotic, a la Jack Nicholson in "The Shining." Sadly, it is also not so funny as "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World."

I apologize.

So why this particular (misleading, demographically-challenged, slightly annoying) title?
Well, that's simple: I thought it sounded funny.

FYI: Most of what I write is just because I thought it sounded funny. And, most of the time, I am the only one who thinks so.

Thank you for your pity.

Moving on...
What is true and helpful and not misleading about my blog title is this: I am fat, I am a woman, and I do have a life. Said life is filled with, um, times...and stuff...and that or those times are filled with people and places and, most often, cameras, food and music, and sometimes sparkley things and always, I repeat, always, lipstick. It is also filled with an overriding sense that no matter how much life and times I get and to what frequency these are filled with people and places and such, there is a God over all, who loves me and chose me and redeemed me...and has a really, really good sense of humor. Oh, and a drastically different sense of timing...but that's another post for another day.

Until then, feel free to kick back, enjoy the madness, and feel slightly more sane (and blessed) for your trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment