Monday, January 5, 2009

Keepin' it Real, Part 3. The Digression.

This installment has very little to do with eating.
It also might be my last post.

How's that for drama?

I'm only half serious about the last post thing, because, lets face it...I like blogging even if no one really reads it. Its a release. I need it.

Why?

Well, I don't really have many close friends. I have people that I know. People that will listen if I need to talk. People that will meet me for dinner or coffee if I extend an invitation. But, I don't really have anyone that calls on me to listen or meet for dinner or anything like that.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy hosting things and initiating get-togethers and such. It's fun. It's just also nice, and I think necessary sometimes, to be on the receiving end of that...to know that people aren't just being kind, but actually do want to spend time with you. So much so that they invite and initiate.

When that doesn't happen, it sometimes makes being a single woman in her 30s very, very hard.

I'm not sure what is to be done about this, but I pray God will show me and give me the strength to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment