Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Question

Of all the blogs I've seen, mine seems to be the least "interactive". BayouMaMa suggested that perhaps what I post is "too intense" to comment on. I don't know about that...but if the response to my Richard Simmons post is any indication, my typical posts are "too" something or "not enough" of another to result in a comment or two. Which isn't a big deal...its just that getting the responses to the Richard Simmons post was so much fun!

Anyway...I thought I'd lighten things up a bit with this post. I thought I'd ask you guys a question...kinda like Lamommyof3's "dilema of the week." Though mine isn't a dilema...just a question.

So here it is...get ready...wait for it...


What are you reading right now?
You can tell me where you are in the Word...or whatever else you may be reading...or both.

Right now, I am reading A Chance to Die and Daily Light pretty much everyday...and in the Word I am currently in 2 Chronicles, Romans, and I do a Psalm and a verse or two in Proverbs each day.

So...what about you?

5 comments:

  1. I am reading in Romans right now. (One of my favorite books)

    The last book I read (a few weeks ago) was Nicholas Sparks' The Guardian. His books are so good! I am also anxiously awaiting the second prequel to the Left Behind Series - I read the original 12 and the first prequel! I'm a Left Behind junkie!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to read, and love to answer questions like this. I'm constantly reading several books at once.

    Currently I'm reading:
    The Political Ethics of Alexander Campbell
    A Stranger in a Strange Land
    The Truth About Angels

    I'm teaching the Minor Prophets in Sunday School this summer so that's what I'm reading in the Bible the majority of the time. Plus any commentary material to go with it. New Testament reading has been John.

    BTW, I'm here through the Christian Bloggers blogroll. Hi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - I also came from Christian Bloggers!

    I'm reading a book called Your Defiant Child: 8 Steps To Better Behavior and Murder with Mirrors by Agatha Christie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! For the record, when I said your posts were "intense," I meant that in a good way. Like, they give us soooo much to think about and soooo much to digest...we're left with a "feeling"...at least I am...that I should step away and take it in before I comment.

    That being said, I am currently reading Little House on the Prairie, again. I am always so moved by the simplicity and complexity of their survival on the prairie. I love those books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a comment to several of your postings. I was reading to catch up on how things are going with you and then got hit with several urges to comment (something I thought I would never do, except to you in person) :) Anyway, first it was the 100 list and all of the things I didn't know about you, especially your affinity for Monty Python....I think I have the Holy Grail memorized. Then as I resisted that urge, I fell upon the post in which you pondered your blog's lack of comments...I tend to agree with bayoumama. And then it kept going on from Where's the Men, to your heart for Richard (can you tell I go from the most current back?) Too much to comment on all in detail, but I wanted to send in a general "I really enjoy your writing when I log on" anyway.
    Oh, and to answer the question:
    - I am still languishing over When I
    Don't Desire God by John Piper.
    - Your Mind Matters by John R W Stott
    - Pilgrim's Progress
    - Hymns of Faith and Inspiration

    In the bible: Leviticus, Psalms, Proverbs, Colossians, Luke, Jeremiah....I'm basically all over the place, but in a semi-orderly fashion.....for reals!

    And I really need to go, because I'm supposed to be writing you an email right now.

    ReplyDelete