Wednesday, June 23, 2010

110 in 2010

Back in January, I made a list of 110 things I wanted to accomplish in 2010. I didn't share them in detail here or anywhere because A. Some of it was kinda personal and B. I was pretty positive I would fail miserably. But, now that we are past mid-year, I thought I'd give the list a little look-see and see how I've done and how I've maybe not failed quite so miserably. Since I've given no serious, concerted effort to accomplishing one thing on this list, it will be very interesting to see what has been accomplished purely by accident.

Here goes:

1. Consistently tithe again - I had really gotten away from tithing regularly and have had some consequences from that sort of disorder in my spiritual and financial life...so I have begun to walk in more consistency. I also forgot that this was #1 on my list...so that's kind of cool.

6. Determine to live in the Good of God’s grace and mercy each day…saying no to fear and doubt as they arise - The reality of this working itself out in my life is not as spiritual or as "always" as this statement sounds. But, I have seen God giving me grace to speak truth to myself more than I listen to my feelings and fears and failings. I am thankful for that.

9. Serve on the greeting team - I've been doing that for a few months now. :)

15. Join and dive into a new covenant group - I'm visiting one tonight. We shall see!

19. Take a photography class - I think this was the first thing from my list that I pursued. The class was a bust...a total waste of time... but at least it gets one item scratched off, right?

25. Buy a wide-angle lens - this should be arriving at my house today. I needed it for a job I have this weekend. So...yay!

30. Get a legit website - I started working on the design and looking into my hosting options two weeks ago.

31. Solidify my brand - Around the same time I started looking into a website, I redesigned my "brand" (logo, business cards, photo tags). I love it and can't wait to launch the new look and website!

33. Shoot a real wedding - I shot my first wedding at the beginning of this month. Some part of it, and the resulting photos, were wonderful...some...well...show me that I still have very much to learn.

39. Evaluate and adjust pricing - I have been working on this for the past month. I'd rather have a few root canals.

58. Become a runner - Ok...I'm going to cry on this one. Seriously. For the past two years, I've wanted to run. Its been in my heart to do it. I could see myself doing it. But then, there were fears too. I'm too large. What if I fall and hurt myself? What if I get heckled by someone who sees the giant girl trying to run? Well, those fears are still there, sorta, and I have hurt myself and been heckled...but 6 weeks ago, I started a program called C25k and I'm still going strong. Last night, I ran for 8 minutes straight...twice! And tomorrow night, I run for 20 minutes straight. I'm scared, but also excited and so blessed to have this testimony to share.

59. Eat better – lower carbs, less fast food/processed/frozen/junk - Yep. Been doing that, mostly, for the past 6 or 7 weeks. I still overeat sometimes and still eat things that are not the best choices...but...I'm getting there.

60. Lose 100lbs - As of yesterday, I'm down 21 lbs. I doubt I'll make the 100lb mark by year end, but...I don't care so long as I am less than when I started. :)

63. Dress better…one new outfit each month- I've purchased a few new pairs of pants, some cute tops and even started wearing heels sometimes. Go me!

66. Make a few successful Facebook to Real Life friendship transitions. J - I actually had dinner with one such Facebook friend Monday night.

68. Write to Yves every other week while he is in jail - I'm very happy to say that I no longer have to write my friend Yves in jail. He was released a few weeks ago! For those that don't know me well...don't worry...I do not make a habit of befriending criminals. Yves was in immigration jail. Our government really needs to figure out how to handle that better. That's all I'm going to say about that.

85. Fix up back yard/patio - I have all the fixin's for that...I just need a weekend home to do it!

107. Continue my boycott of Oprah - 100% successful.


I guess all I can say at this point is...I'm really thankful we have 6 more months left this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment