Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I really need to get out more...

Today, I spent about 5 minutes with a man. I spent 5 minutes with a man who was not my brother or my dad or my cousin or really old or dentally challenged or weird. We chatted and laughed...good, belly laughs...more than once. And, when the 5 minutes were done, I was giddy for about 30 minutes. Because I chatted and laughed with a man for 5 minutes.

The morale of this story is...while iPhone and Facebook and Canon might be good boyfriends when I know no better, as it turns out, they really don't hold a candle to chatting and laughing with a nice man for 5 minutes.

The other morale of this story is...I need to chat and laugh with men more, if for no other reason than to desensitize myself because, really, 30 minutes of giddiness after benign chatting and laughing is just sad.

Just. Plain. Sad.

You can say it. It's ok. I know you are thinking it and I agree.

Thank you for your honesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment