Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Faithful God

From today's "Daily Light":

His faithfulness is a shield and buckler.
When God desired to show more convincingly to the heirs of the promise the unchangeable character of his purpose, he guaranteed it with an oath, so that by two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled for refuge might have strong encouragement to hold fast to the hope set before us. “The faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations.”—All the paths of the Lord are
steadfast love and faithfulness, for those who keep his covenant and his testimonies.—Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the
Lord his God . . . who keeps faith forever.


Monday, our family got some upsetting news...at least it was upsetting to everyone but me.

Wierd.

The news was that there was an issue with my nephew and school. Now, normally, anything that touches the kiddos lives in even a potentially negative way sends me into a tailspin of worry and forecasting doom... and nachos. But, not this time. This time, the news was delivered and I had this settled peace and soon after felt the Lord say to me "You see this! I'm in this! I mean business! I will have this boy! I will have his mother! I will have this family!"

Man, was I pumped then!

And, you know what? Though nothing is certain or settled, things just keep looking better and better for the future of my nephew and our family. And, for the first time in a long time, I am looking a year down the road and feeling hopeful! Why? Because this God “the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations" has assured me that He sees, He knows, and He is moving on behalf of my family; in response to fervent prayers for intervention over recent weeks; and because of His lovingkindness. What circumstance (favorable or unfavorable) could trump a guarantee from God that He is in the midst of the trial and has (and will continue to) extend mercy and kindness?

Nothing I can think of...

And that, in and of itself, is another praise and answered prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment