Wednesday, March 22, 2006

My Chosen Portion

The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.
(Psalm 16:5-6)

[Tina] has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.

(Luke 10:42)


Lord, you are my portion and my inheritance
What need to I have of another?
Who loves me as you do
Knows me as you do
Cares for me as you do
Who else plots for my joy
Prepares pleasant places
And walks with me along the way?


In the darkness…you are there
When all is quiet…it is your voice I hear
When waves crash around me…you say “Peace, be still.”
When my heart fails…you lift me up.

Oh Lord, you are my portion and my inheritance
May I never long for another...
Desire anything that is not from your hand...
Walk a road that you have not prepared...
Or hope in anyone or anything outside of you.

You are all-together lovely
And satisfy my soul with good things.
Be a shield about me and keep me true
Secure my heart and all my longings for you alone.
Cause my eyes to always look upward
For my help and all I ever need comes from you.
May my eyes grow weary from looking to you
But never fail.

O Lord you are my portion and my inheritance
Make me wholly Yours
Now and Forevermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment