Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Love of Christ

The Love of Christ which passeth knowledge (Ephesians 3:19)

The Love of God is beyond our comprehension – and that means that sometimes the application of this love on our lives may require us to set aside our understanding, logic and rationale and simply respond with praise and obedience.

Like peace that passes understanding, resting in His love is not resting in intellectual assent to some directive or providence or denial; it is resting – despite and in the midst of confusion or uncertainty – in the complete love of God, knowing that He is moving, working and caring for us.

It is choosing the eternal truth over the temporal and momentary reality.

It is choosing to hope in God regardless of circumstances.

It is trusting God to do beyond all we can think, imagine, foresee or even believe because His love “passeth knowledge.”

Lord grant me this rest…grant me faith that chooses to hope for what I cannot see…faith that knows there is a kind and powerful God behind all that is unseen…working for my good…grant me rest in the unknown because of whom I know, not what my experience has been or what logic tells me or what I can convince myself of…grant me rest in your love because it is incomprehensible and all encompassing and more than enough for me.

What wondrous love is this
Oh my soul. Oh my soul.
What wondrous love is this
Oh my soul…

No comments:

Post a Comment