Friday, May 16, 2008

Things I'm thankful for: Surpising Gentlemen

I went to Wal-mart today.

I went in for one thing and wound up spending $60. Nothing unusual there. But as I was leaving, I saw something very unusual. Three ladies were struggling with 6 baskets filled with bags of groceries. As they were crossing the walkway into the parking lot, a box of drinks fell and got stuck under the cart. Out of nowhere, a young man walked over, un-stuck the box, smiled and walked away.

This young man looked like any other urban kid: oversized white tee shirt, hobit-style jeans, sideways baseball cap...but he was a gentleman, stopping his stride to help a damsel in distress. More than that, he was actually wearing a belt, and that belt was actually on his waist, not below his buttocks. So when he stooped down to retrieve the wayward box of drinks, I was not forced to see his underwear.

As our parking lot hero walked away, not holding his pants up or stradding his legs in an unnatural way to keep them from falling down, I rolled down my window and said:

"Hey, thank you for that! Thanks also for not making me look at your butt! Tell your momma she done good!"

He flashed a big smile and walked away.

Thank you, Lord for that kid and his momma and that some people in this world still think underwear should be worn under their clothes.

1 comment:

  1. He..he..
    Maybe he won't wear underpants next time...

    But..however..you are right.
    Thanks to that gentleman boy...

    Hope he know Jesus..
    Cloth doesn't matter..

    ReplyDelete