Monday, January 23, 2012

47 Days - 40 Before 40

I like lists. I like them more than is reasonable. I make them daily. Sometimes, I re-write them if they aren't pretty enough, neat enough, or sufficiently organized and categorized. Funny thing is, I pretty much never finish all of the items on my list. Ever. And, if I make a grocery list. I leave it at work, or in the car, or stuck in my back pocket until it falls out in the bottom of the washing machine. Yet, I continue to make lists. I don't know why.

My most recent list is "40 Before 40". It's, obviously, a list of 40 things I want to do before I turn 40...in 47 days. There are no major bucket list items on this list due to the fact that A. I only have 47 days and B. I'm not wealthy enough to jet off to Paris or charter a spelunking expedition. (Side note: I actually spelled "spelunking" correctly on my first try. Go me!) The list isn't intended to fulfill my life's dreams, it's just a little extra motivation to help get me off the couch and out there living, enjoying the days I have, instead of just dreading the inevitable.

Here's my list:
  1. Get my LLC (I have all of the paperwork ready, I just need to file it)
  2. Go on a personal retreat - (I'm going on a retreat with a friend this weekend)
  3. Visit a friend a week
  4. Go to tea
  5. Host a brunch
  6. De-clutter, re-organize my home, top to bottom (I've already started this...)
  7. Redecorate my bedroom
  8. Go on a photo walk in the Quarter
  9. Complete 7 weeks of C25k
  10. Read the book of Hebrews and a 40 Psalms
  11. Play in the rain
  12. Watch a sunrise
  13. Stay up for 24 hours straight...one last time. :)
  14.  Spend a whole day in my PJs watching P&P
  15. Take the kids puddle jumping
  16. Book a trip to Canada
  17. Buy and cook something out of Julia Child’s cookbook
  18. Have a sleepover with my nieces
  19. Go on a date with each of my nephews
  20. Say “I love you” instead of goodbye
  21. Watch a Bollywood movie
  22. Eat at a restaurant I’m afraid of
  23. Go thrifting/antiquing
  24. Cook dinner for my parents - from julia’s book
  25. Play laser tag with my brothers
  26. Blog at least once a week
  27. Read a Piper book
  28. Get rid of the treadmill
  29. Watch 3 classic movies I’ve never seen (Casablanca, An American in Paris, Manchurian Candidate)
  30. Cousin’s pictionary night
  31. Write a letter to someone who’s made a difference in my life
  32. Go out dancing
  33. Eat sushi
  34. find my signature scent
  35. Mani-Pedi
  36. Cut & Color
  37. Lose 25 lbs
  38. Buy an awesome dress
  39. Drink a martini
  40. put up a collage of my own photos in my house

No comments:

Post a Comment