Thursday, November 6, 2008

Apparently, I am now a photography snob.

My middle brother, Joey, got married a couple of months ago. The wedding was beautiful...fun...touching...oh, and fun! The colors she chose were amazing! Her dress...gorgeous! The guests...a hoot! The reception...a blast! And their story...oh their story! It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it!

They've been friends for over a decade. Were roommates while she was in college. Then, one night, they got together for a friendly catch-up dinner and left a couple. There was not a dry eye in the house during the ceremony and not a somber face during the reception. The whole day was beautiful, colorful, and so much fun!

Needless to say, we've been anxiously awaiting the word that the pictures were ready for viewing so we could relive the whole day over again. And, this past week, it happened! My new sister sent me a link to their wedding photographer's website where the digital proofs were being hosted. And...I have to say...I was so disappointed!

There just wasn't anything special. Nothing that, to me, really captured who they are as a couple...or highlighted the gorgeously rich color scheme she chose, or even any unique and fun moment from the reception. In short, there was nothing really that some combination of guest didn't or couldn't have gotten on their own digital cameras.

Sure, the exposure levels were spot-on and the lighting was better thanks to her fancy flash/umbrella stand thing...but the content of the photos was sadly underwhelming. I don't mean to sound overly critical or judgemental...I'm just so disappointed for them. They had this amazing day...and all they have to show their kids are a bunch of so-so shots that cost them a few thousand dollars.

In all honesty, I like these snapshots way better than anything I saw on the professional photographers website...




























































No comments:

Post a Comment