Sunday, October 12, 2008

Psalm 42

"Why are you cast down, oh my soul, and why are you in turmoil wittin me? Hope in god for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my god!"

Yesterday we had a rehearal for the first service in our new building. We were there not just to run through the songs we planned to do, but to give the sound and video techs a chance to do one last test of the system before the big day. During our rehearsal I caught a glimpse of myself on the big screen behind the altar and...was...disgusted and embarrassed and ...for the first time in a long time ...nervous about being up there in front of every one.

I was also even more discouraged about this losing battle Ive been in with my weight. Which is a bigger problem than my vanity.

So, after a quick run through this morning, I sat...sad...on a day that should be exciting and full of rejoicing...and turned to my bible for help.

Psalm 42 was what I got.

"I say to god my rock, why have you forgotten me? Why do I go mourning? Because of the oppression of the enemy?"

And he says to me:

"why are you cast down...? ...hope in god...!"

No comments:

Post a Comment