Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Things I'm Thankful for: The Diva

Last night, I had a sleepover with my 3 year old niece, the Diva. We don't usually have sleepovers on weeknights, but this time when she asked, I just couldn't say no.

It was a sweet time. She was just so excited to have this special time with her Ti Ti all to herself. I, of course, was blessed beyond all reason by her sweetness and desire to be with me.

Just before we went to bed, I told her the story of the day she was born and how God answered my prayer. See, about 4 months in to her pregnancy, my sister-in-law had an ultrasound and the doctor told her she would have a boy. They picked a name, a nickname, and we started buying baby boy things. But me, I just felt in my heart that a girl baby would be better for their family.

I had my reasons.

So I started praying. God is the creator of all things. If it was a boy, he could make it a girl. He also orders and ordains all things, so he could have made the doctor read the ultrasound incorrectly. Only He is perfect and infallible.

I prayed for the next 5 months, daily, that T.J. would be a girl and not a boy. And, low and behold, it was! And, I am so thankful. I'm thankful she was a girl. I'm thankful she loves to spend time with her Ti Ti. I'm thankful she has dimples. And, I'm thankful that everytime we snuggle down to sleep and I say "You wanna pray?" She smiles real big, snuggles closer and says "Yes."

You can read more about my precious girl, here: http://lifeofamadfatwoman.blogspot.com/2008/07/diva.html

2 comments:

  1. You call yourself a Christian, but you are one of the cruelest and most petty people I have ever known.

    You should pray each and every day that you can stop projecting your own self-loathing and hatred onto others. Also pray that you can overcome your "holier than thou" attitude.

    If you weren't so mean, maybe you would get affection and love from someone other than children in your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear "Tina",
    I would ordinarily disregard or delete anonymous comments like this, but since my stat tracker tells me you are local, I feel I must address it. I'm deeply grieved by your comment. Since it was left anonymously, I can't speak directly to what you wrote, but I can say that it is my desire to walk in a manner worthy of the calling God has placed on my life and in increasing humility. I would welcome any opportunity to speak to you regarding the offense you feel has been made against you.

    -tina

    ReplyDelete