Friday, December 7, 2007

Godward Encouragement

As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in Him. COLOSSIANS 2:6

NEVER further than Thy cross;
Never higher than Thy feet;
Here earth's precious things seem dross;
Here earth's bitter things grow sweet.
Here we learn to serve and give,
And, rejoicing, self deny;
Here we gather love to live,
Here we gather faith to die. -- Elizabeth R. Charles

This I saw, that when a soul loves God with a supreme love, God's interests and his are become one. It is no matter when nor where nor how Christ should send me, nor what trials He should exercise me with, if I may be prepared for His work and will. -- David Brainerd

"God wants you to know that He knows your grief. He sees your suffering and He is with you." --My friend Velinda

No comments:

Post a Comment