Tuesday, November 27, 2007

doubt and fear and sorrow free

GIVE me a new, a perfect heart,
From doubt, and fear, and sorrow free;
The mind which was in Christ impart,
And let my spirit cleave to Thee. -- CHARLES WESLEY

If ever there was a heart's cry for me at this time in my life, it would be this. To be free from doubt, fear, sorrow...bitterness, discontentment, disappointment, guilt, and grief and just be, right here, right now, thankful for my portion, my lot, and God's providence in my life. To cast every care and hope and disappointment and uncertainty on Him and leave it here, confident that He who called me is faithful, is good and does good, is for me, and has a plan and purpose for what seems to me a pointless, small, and failure-filled life. If I could forget my plans, my expectations, and agendas and live in the truth that He is, cleave unto Him instead of clamoring after future phantoms, I think I would find exactly what my heart is seeking in all these other things...and more besides.

No comments:

Post a Comment