Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I've been tagged!

OK...I've never been tagged before and since I have a fondness for novelty (even if it is just novelty to me) AND the person who tagged me has a fondness for guns, I figure I better comply.

So...here goes:

7 things (I would like) to do before I die:
1. Get Married (preferably to a man bearing some resemblance to Larry the Cucumber)
2. Have children (I’ve always wanted 6…though it’s looking more and more like I might have to have a litter or two to accomplish that)
3. Pay off my student loans
4. Write something timeless for the kingdom of God.
5. See my family come to know the Lord.
6. Go on a missions trip.
7. Read everything ever written by Amy Carmichael.


7 things I can’t do:

1. Eat anything classified as a reptile…
2. Or an amphibian…
3. Or a rodent…
4. Or that I might have as a pet.
5. Tell a joke with a straight face
6. Spend more than 5 minutes with my nieces without hugging them or kissing them or telling them I love them.
7. Eat anything with tentacles.

7 things that attract me to blogging:
1. I have a compulsion to write and blogging gives me an outlet.
2. It is easier for me to type things out rather than write it out long-hand
3. I don’t have to worry about losing files on my hard drive.
4. Meeting people from all over that I would never meet otherwise.
5. Seeing the threads of the Spirits working through mine and other blogs.
6. Learning about the walks of others and reading their insights into faith and scripture.
7. Did I mention I have a compulsion to write.

7 things I say most often:
1. “Hey Kira, guess what?...I love you so much.”
2. “Poopie”
4. “Woo Hoo”
5. “Groovy”
6. “Lord, forgive/help me”
7. “Crackhead” (terrible, but true…always in jest, though and mostly in reference to my brothers)

7 books I love:
1. The Bible…seriously. I know it is like the pat answer for a Christian, but when I think about the times I’ve opened it and found what I needed, had words pierce or heal my heart, or read something that showed me that the Lord had “found” me right where I was…whew…it is overwhelming to the point of tears.
2. “A Chance to Die” by Elisabeth Elliot – I’ve been reading it over and over again for the past couple of years. In so many ways, I think I have found a kindred spirit in Amy Carmichael…from her not liking her childish name to her compulsion to write and love for the children the Lord put in her path…but most of all, her pursuit of holiness is what I admire and aspire to most.
3. “Edges of His Ways” a devotional book of Amy Carmichael Writings
4. Pretty much anything written by Jane Austen
5. “The Dangerous Duty of Delight” by John Piper
6. “Toward Jerusalem” a book of poetry by Amy Carmichael
7. “Passion & Purity” and “Quest for Love” by Elisabeth Elliot (these should be in one volume and read together in my opinion)

7 movies I watch over and over:
1. Pride & Prejudice
2. Lately, Cinderella with my 3 year old niece
Not a really big movie watcher any more…

7 people I want to join in too
1. Bayou Mama
2. LAMommyof3
3. Carebear
4. Moose
5. Whoever’s been visiting from Pennsylvania State College
6. Whoever’s been visiting from Serbia/Yugoslavia
7. Whoever’s been visiting from Franklinton/Hammond (I’m so curious to know who y’all are!)



3 comments:

  1. Hey! I've been tagged before...I've never played (Shhhh! It's because I'm a little lazy.) I'll try to get to it this time...but some of those questions I will really need to think about. Deep stuff. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I'm sorry - I didn't see this post. I'll start working on it right away! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i found your blog via flickr , i was inspired by your weight loss and that your a jesus freak like me :)
    just wanted to say hello!

    ReplyDelete